This document constitutes the Integrated Development Plan (IDP) for the Malawi-Zambia TFCA.
The preparation of the IDP was informed by inputs received through stakeholder consultation meetings (refer Appendix 2) and various existing documentation and reports, both relevant to the Malawi-Zambia TFCA as well as the individual country components (refer Appendix 3).
It is also aligned with approaches followed for other TFCAs and Transfrontier Parks in the SADC region, yet relevant to the Malawi-Zambia TFCA, and will serve as a directional document in respect of TFCA development in general and in particular:
● Alignment of constituent component plans
● Defining the extent of both the Malawi-Zambia TFCA
● Functional and effective institutional arrangements
● Sustainable financing for joint and cooperative actions
● Synergies between the legislation and policies utilised by the partner countries yet cognisant of the sovereignty of the individual countries
● Sustaining and restoring the ecosystem integrity of the Malawi-Zambia TFCA
● Integrated management and implementation of issues of joint interest and mutual impact
● Monitoring and evaluation of the further development and ongoing management of the Malawi-Zambia TFCA
● Implementation of joint development strategies, plans and programmes
● Providing benefits to the region and its people.
This plan has a ten (10) year horizon that will be operationalised through five-yearly strategic implementation plans supported by detailed annual business plans guiding the activities of the various structures constituted as part of the Malawi-Zambia TFCA and falling within an integrated framework for performance review and assessment.